Administrative Official Certification
- Age - 21 years or older
- Be certified as a PVS Hy-Tek Operator for at least one year
- Be certified as a Colorado Timing System Operator
- Attend a PVS conducted Administrative Official Clinic
- Register as a Non-Athlete Member with USA Swimming
- Serve on-deck as an apprentice with a PVS certified Referee or Administrative Official
at a minimum of five (5) different sessions at a minimum of two different PVS-sanctioned non-Officials Qualifying
- Perform to the satisfaction of the Referee or mentoring Administrative Official and have such
performance reported to PVS on the PVS Official's Certification Application Form
- Pass the USA Swimming officials test for Administrative Official with a grade of at least 90%
- After passing the USA-S test, the apprentice must be favorably observed at the last session
by a designated PVS evaluator. The evaluation
will be recorded on the Administrative Official Evaluation Form
- Complete certification requirement within one year from the date of Administrative Official clinic.
- Certification is good until the December 31 following two years after the date of issuance
- Previously certified by PVS or another USA Swimming Local Swim Committee (LSC) as an
- If from another LSC, fulfill all relevant requirements of the PVS Officials' Transfer Policy.
- Have a current membership in USA Swimming as a non-athlete member.
- Must have worked at least four sessions in each year since last certification/recertification at PVS-sanctioned, non-Officials
Qualifying meets*. Each year, at least two of these sessions must have
been as an administrative official.
- Attend a PVS conducted Administrative Official Recertification Clinic.
- Pass the USA Swimming Recertifying Administrative Official Test with a grade of at least 90%.
- Submit the online
Officials Recertification Request
- Recertification is good for two years after the date your
prior certification expired. Recertification as an Administrative Official also extends the certifications
for Hy-Tek Operator and Colorado Timing Systems Operator.
* Excludes observed and approved meets, such as high school, college, and masters