January 2001 Report
- There was limited attendance at the Stroke and Turn and Starters Clinics held on January 7 and January 9 at MAC and Madeira respectively.
- PVS Winter Referee's clinic scheduled for January 24 at Cooper Middle School (Georgetown Pike and I-495).
- Meet Referee for SC Sectionals is Frank Ching (NE), a certified National Championship Referee
- National Officials Chairman has placed initial responsibility for staffing Sectional with EZ Officials Coordinator, Meet Referee, PVS Officials Chair and Meet Directors representative. Deck Referees, Starters and Chief Judges are to be named by February 1. Remaining positions are expected to be initially filled with applications submitted through Februay 15.
- John Hirschmann has agreed to be Meet Referee for Eastern Zones and Jim Garner will serve as Administrative Referee. Other officials desiring to officiate the meet will be invited to submit an application similar to how National Championship level and Sectional meets are being staffed.
- PVS Officials Committee decided at its December 5 meeting not to seek National Certification for PVS Short Course Championships, March 1-4. Host clubs will be responsible for staffing the meet.
- No report received to date.
- All meet announcements for Short Course season have been issued with two exceptions. Spring Championships (sponsored by MSSC) and Mini Champs (sponsored by RMSC) are in process.
- Preliminary attendance figures for January Open are about 9700 versus 11061 last year and 10325 in 1999. All host clubs provided entries by club on Friday following entry deadline. Entries for three sites were about even, therefore, no team reassignments were made. Some Meet Directors expressed concerns about additional requirement to submit entry information by Friday evening.
- January Distance Meet has received over 200 entries. Arrangements to compete meet within available pool time are being addressed.
- Significant issues related to renting PGS&LC facilities are being addressed by the General Chairman and PVS Administrative office.
- PVS Administrative Office advises pool rental arrangements for PVS sponsored meets during LC season are essentially complete. One attractive option for combining PVS Senior LC Champs and PVS Age Group LC Champs will be presented to the Board.
- The new Safety/Loss control manual is being distributed to all club safety chairs in electronic form
- No injuries or accidents have been reported to the Safety Chairman for this competitive season (since September 1)
- Safety Chairman trying to arrange Satety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC) class for June at Wakefield Park (like last year)