General Chairman's Report
February 2001 Report
- Sue Anderson, Eastern Zone Sport Development Coordinator, expressed her sincere
appreciation for making her visit with us, both delightful and successful. During her visit, Sue
had the opportunity to visit many of our clubs for one-on-one discussions on a variety of
subjects. Coming into Potomac Valley gave her the closeness to get a better pulse of
swimming in our association.
- Once again, Potomac Valley Swimming will have the opportunity to select a recipient of the 2001 Phillip's Petroleum Outstanding Service Award. This award is presented to a volunteer
in each LSC in recognition of service to swimming. I will recommend my nominee to the
Board at our April meeting. In the meantime, if anyone wishes to make a recommendation to
me, please do so.
- USA Swimming Outreach Committee will be holding its yearly meeting in Washington, D.C.,
February 17-18. A portion of the committee's meeting time will be spent at the Black History
Swim Meet to interact with athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Recommendation on filling the vacant Strategic Planning position will be presented at the February Board meeting.
- USA Swimming has finalized plans for Splash TV, a lifestyle swimming television program set to air the summer of 2001. the first episode will air June 4 on the Outdoor Life Network as part of its water sports programming. Splash TV will air during prime time hours on both the east and west coasts.