Competition Committee Chairman's Report
January 21, 2002
List of motions for the BoD meeting on Tuesday.
- Motion to have the following teams be meet hosts for the three unfilled
long course meets '02.
- Distance (TCSD)
- AGI (VSC)
- AGII (AAC)
- Motion to have BoD look into funding for the new Jr. National Meet.
getting a sanction from USA swimming).
- Motion to have current reimbursement for USA summer nationals be at the
current PVS rate, since there were no requests from the competition to
- Motion to have AG and JR Champs weekends switched on the calendar '02.
Sr / AG chairs look into the PVS open meets and consider 10-un events
of 9-10 events, also consider open events instead of 15-over, 13-over,
or 15-18 events.
Two committees formed:
- one to look into 2003 long course season the other to look into the
- short course season, both committees to report their findings to the
competition on 5/13.
Two requests from PVS to comment on:
- one to look into why the Jan 26-27 SCY meet was pulled from the calendar after
coaches made plans to use the meet
- other to why we had so much
trouble with the pool rental situations and how we can make sure this will
not happen again.