Motions passed by the Competition Committee which were referred to the PVS Board of Directors.
Exception: Motion #18 received a tie vote.
PVS FALL COMPETITION COMMITTEE
September 25, 1999 - 9:00am
River Falls Community Center
Competition Items Requiring Board Approval
- Motion: Format: To move 500 Free to Thursday night making AG Champs a 3 ½ day format.
- Motion: Since 500 will be swum Thursday night, only 6 swims for the meet total (no bonus swim).
- Motion: Age Groups will be 9, 10 & Under, 11, 12 & Under. Swum 9-10 and 11-12 but scored separately. Swimmer can only swim in one age group (100 Breast only as 12 & Under, or 11 not both).
- Motion: Relays will be 10 & Under and 12 & Under, swimmer can only complete in one age group per event of a relay. (A 10 year old may not swim the 10 & Under relay and the 12 & Under relay.)
- Motion: Finals format as presented.
- Motion: JR & SR Champ times cuts were presented using the same formula as in past years for developing the QT. JR QT would be tighter on the last day for 100 Free for Women and 200 IM for both Men and Women.
- Motion: Bonus event 1 for 1, 2 for 2 (2 is max), with max entries of three per day or six for the meet.
Zone Coach Selection
Only four names submitted in proper time and format George Massey, Blair Cameron, Chris Hadden and Bob Walker.
Discussion follows and nominations from the floor are opened.
Ted Peirson, Kent Williams, Eric Waananen, Dave Floyd, Steve Ercolano (alternate).
Motion to accept the first four applicants as Zone Coaches.
- Motion: Vote on written ballot for the balance of the four slots.
Results are: George Massey, Blair Cameron, Chris Hadden, Bob Walker, Ted Peirson, Kent Williams, Eric Waananen, and Dave Floyd will be the SCY 2000 Zone Coaches.
- Motion: Vote for Head Coach on written ballot.
Results are: Bob Walker named Head Coach of SCY 2000 Zone Team.
- Motion: Relax 8th place standard to 16th place, selecting the two fastest applicants, Time trials times will not count, Times from September 1, 1999 to close of SCY SR Champs are applicable.
- Motion to accept the proposed schedule as follows:
Distance Meet May 27 & 28, 2000
Senior I June 11, 2000
Age Group I June 18, 2000
Senior II July 2, 2000
Age Group II July 9, 2000
- Motion: Age Group Champs Friday, Saturday & Sunday. July 21, 22 & 23, 2000, all afternoon sessions.
- Motion: Junior Champs Friday, Saturday & Sunday. July 21, 22 & 23, 2000, all afternoon sessions.
- Motion: Senior Champs Thursday night distance, Friday, Saturday & Sunday, July 13, 14, 15 & 16, 2000.
- A skeleton of the 2000-2001 SCY schedule was presented with the three Open meets and the two Distance meets on their traditional weekends. Format would remain the same from 1999-2000 SCY.
October Open October 20, 21 & 22, 2000
November Open November 18 & 19, 2000
November Distance November 25 & 26, 2000
January Distance January 13 & 14, 2001
January Open January 20 & 21, 2001
Motion:Accept the proposed SCY 2000-2001 Schedule
- Motion:Award of Athlete of the Year --
12 & under awards at Age Group Champs
- Motion:Award of Athlete of the Year -- 13 & Over awards at Sr. Champs. TIE
- Motion:Review Outstanding Athlete Selection process
Competition Items Requiring Board Discussion:
- Motion: Implement Whistle Protocol effective Jan 1, 2000 in all age groups except mini.
- Motion: Implement No Recall False Start effective Jan 1, 2000 in all age groups except mini.
- Motion: Spring Travel Criteria 6 PVS Sponsored Events within the season.
- Motion: Summer Travel Criteria 3 PVS Sponsored events within the season.
- Motion: Reimbursement rates set to $300 for US Open, Juniors; $500 for Seniors; $700 for Trials.
- Motion: January Open age groups will be 10 & Under, 11-12, 13-14, Open or 15 & Over depending on final event format. Final event format to be compiled by Ted Peirson, Steve Ercolano & John Hirschmann.
- Motion: CUBU to use "JO" designation at the December CUBU meet for 1 year only. IF club does not use the "JO" designation the designation will go directly to the AG Champ meets.