Officials Education Travel Reimbursement
The Officials National Meet Educational Stipend is intended to assist with an Official’s travel expenses to work; Short & Long Course Eastern Zone meets, Sectional Championships, USA Swimming Junior Championships and USA Swimming Championships (Rules & Regulations, Article 207).
Officials working a qualifying meet - may not receive more than their actual expenses in travel assistance from USA Swimming and PVS combined. The PVS Officials Committee shall establish prior to each meet the maximum financial assistance that may be paid for each meet. The Officials Committee has established a maximum of $250 for meets held in competition year 2006-2007 (September 1 to August 31). An official may receive up to three (3) travel stipends in each competition year
In order to receive travel assistance from Potomac Valley Swimming (PVS), an official must meet certain minimum eligibility requirements:
· The official must be registered with PVS for at least six months prior to the meet and be registered with USA Swimming through PVS as an official during the time of the meet for which they are requesting assistance.
· The official must work a minimum of four (4) sessions at the event for which they are requesting travel assistance.
· The official must have worked at least 2 sessions each in at least 3 PVS sanctioned meets in the 12 months immediately proceeding the request for reimbursement. This required number of events is set annually by the PVS Officials Committee at the first Committee meeting in the new swim year.
· The official must notify the PVS Officials Chair of the intent to request a reimbursement upon acceptance to officiate at the designated meet, and prior to the date of the meet.
· Meets held within the geographical boundaries of PVS are not eligible for reimbursement.
· Completed PVS requests for travel assistance are due not later than thirty (30) days after the competition or event for which travel assistance is being requested.
Requests for the Officials National Meet Educational Stipend are to be addressed to the PVS Officials Chair who will certify that the Official is eligible and meets all requirements. The PVS Officials Chair will recommend to the PVS Board of Directors who should receive a stipend and the amount prior to or at the PVS Board of Directors meeting immediately following the due date, where all requests will be reviewed. The PVS Board after consultation will vote to authorize the PVS Treasury to disburse funds identifying the person and amount.