PVS November Open Meet
November 10-12, 2006
Hosted by The FISH
Prince Georges Sports and Learning Complex (#1 and #2)
Hosted by Occoquan Swimming and Potomac Marlins
It has been necessary to make several changes in how the PVS November Open will be conducted. Part of this has been necessitated by an unexpected increase in the 1650Y Freestyle entries from 84 last year to 208 this year. There was also a major imbalance between the entries received at the various sites.
- Several teams are moved from Cub Run (FISH hosted) to PGS&LC #2 (PM hosted) -- They are CUBU (Tyson's), CUBU (Lee District), MACH and SNOW
- In addition, Friday's session at ALL three sites will begin 30 minutes earlier. Thus, warm-ups will be 4:30 - 5:10 pm and events will start at 5:20 pm. Check-in times are all 30 minutes earlier.
- No deck entries will be accepted on Friday for any events at either pool. No decision has been made whether deck entries will be accepted on Saturday and Sunday.
- The decision whether to positive check-in 50 and 100 yard events is under review by the Meet Managers.
Link to Special Parking Instructions for the Meet
Psych Sheets and
Mike Kraeuter at email@example.com. (Cub Run), Barb DeMattina at firstname.lastname@example.org (PGS&LC #1) or Bill Marlin at email@example.com (PGS&LC #2).
- The psych sheets reflect these reassignments and are being posted in order to allow the meet entry process to be reviewed for accuracy prior to publication of the program.
- Coaches and team meet entry coordinators were asked to complete their review by 3PM Monday November 6th
- Inquiries should be directed to the appropriate site's representative,
Parents or swimmers with concerns should contact their coach or team meet entry coordinator as the Meet Directors will only respond to inquires received from coaches or team meet entry coordinators.
A determination has been made that dive over starts will be used at all sessions on all courses. Swimmers, coaches and officials are urged to make themselves familiar with the new procedures The now posted timeline reflects this assumption..
Entries into the 1650Y Freestyle are still being reviewed to assure they are in compliance with event entry rules as well as that they are seeded consistent with the Meet Announcement.
Timelines will be posted as soon as practicable.
Psych Sheets by Session
Timelines by Session
(NOT YET POSTED)
PGS&LC #1 -- OCCS||
PGS&LC #2 -- PM||Cub Run|
Link to Meet Announcement